- 2012 East Coast Migrant Stream Forum
Thursday, October 18, 2012 - Saturday, October 20, 2012
Sheraton Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Labor Issues Worry Florida Producers Southeast Farm Press, December 19, 2011
- Year in Review: The Most Troubling Immigration Trends Los Angeles Times, December 20, 2011
- Labor a Pressing Challenge for Florida Tomato Growers The Packer, December 2011
- Florida Farmworkers Urge EPA to Tighten Control of Pesticides Palm Beach Post, December 2011
- Farm Workers Disaster Center Overcomes Local Opposition, December 2011
- Florida Farmers Warn of Impending Crisis if Undocumented Workers Taken Away, Palm Beach Post December 2011
HOP's Peer-to-Peer Event: "The Role of Outreach in Improving Health Outcomes"
Health Outreach Partners is hosting an interactive web event:
"The Role of Outreach in Improving Health Outcomes".
This event will take place on December 15, 2011 from 11AM to 12:30PM PST.
This topic has been chosen based on demonstrated health needs in
communities throughout the United States as well as interest from
national outreach and health professionals. If you are looking for an
engaging professional development opportunity, you will not want to
miss this event! Sign-up early, as space is limited. Please visit
www.outreach-partners.org/resources/ptp to sign-up and for more
- Shattered Families: The Perilous Intersection of Immigration Enforcement and the Child Welfare System Applied Research Center, November 2011
- Rural Women’s Health Project in Gainesville Received Steve Shore Award for Outstanding Service in Farmworker Health, October 2011
- VIA Insight: Focus on Immigrant Women Newsletter of the Rural Women’s Health Project, Gainesville
- A Worker With No ID and Great Medical Need The New York Times, August 2011
- Alabama Church Leaders Filed Lawsuit to Stop State's New Immigration Law Alabama Live, August 2011
- Call for Presentations for the East Coast Migrant Stream Forum to be held in West Palm Beach, Florida October 20th-22nd 2011. Deadline, May 27th! For more info, click here.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) today announced an initiative to promote utilization of promotores de salud as a means of strengthening outreach and education on the availability of health services and insurance coverage to underserved Hispanic/Latino communities. For more information click here.
- Southern Farmers Struggle with Drought in U.S. Huffington Post, December 2010
- HRSA sends a message to Florida CHCs about state and federal poison control resources.
- Illegal Immigration Backlash Worries, Divides Latinos Pew Hispanic Center October 28, 2010. The national political backlash against illegal immigration has created new divisions among Latinos and heightened their concerns about discrimination against members of their ethnic group-including those who were born in the United States or who immigrated legally. Read More